This 1930 Cadillac V-8 show chassis was produced by General Motors to be used at the 1930 National Automobile Shows. The chassis features a nickel plated driveline. The eight-cylinder line for 1930 was a continuation of the models introduced in 1928 on the new larger chassis. After making the rounds of the auto shows, this show piece was donated to a technical high school in Los Angeles. Eventually, it ended up in the Harrah collection in Reno, Nevada. Cadillac’s V-8 line was available in 44 body styles. The big news in the Cadillac line for 1930 was the introduction of the V-16 models which put Cadillac in the forefront of American luxury cars. The chassis for the V-16 line was derived from this chassis with the main difference being a five-point mounting system for the engine in the V-16.