This 1931 Stutz chassis originally had a limousine body mounted on it. In the late 1950s, the car was for sale in the Detroit area. A man purchased the vehicle for a restoration project. He removed the body and put it outside during the restoration process. The chassis was in the process of being restored when the man passed away. No one knew that there was a Stutz in the garage. Decades went by and the limousine body rotted away. The property was purchased by a friend of the donor in the late 1990s. When the garage door was opened, the Stutz chassis was discovered. The donor purchased the chassis from his friend and got the engine running. In 1999, he donated it to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum. In 2007 the restoration was completed by the Museum’s volunteer maintenance team.