In the fall of 1907 the Vehslage family of Seymour, Indiana, purchased three new Auburns in an attempt to become Auburn dealers and receive a discount from the factory. They sold two Auburns and retained one for themselves, thus ending their careers as Auburn dealers. They purchased a model G touring car, one of 356 cars built by Auburn for the 1908 model run. The family maintained the Auburn in running condition until 1971 when a tornado collapsed the barn in which the Auburn was stored, and the upper floor fell on the car. The remains were dug out of the barn and stored until 1984 when the vehicle was donated to the Museum. The restoration process lasted from 1997-2002 and brought the car back to life. Technical: The restoration of this Auburn could not have been accomplished without the assistance of many people. The Museum's volunteer auto maintenance team including Paul Casebere, John Rosener, Chuck Schmidt, Bob Probst, Jack Randinelli, and Bob Butler were all key to the finished job. Mike Biegas fabricated the hubcaps and restored steering wheel components. Dr. David and Eva Farst donated a 1908 Auburn body to the cause, which allowed the car to have an original body. The restoration shop of Eric and Vivien Lavine reworked the sheet metal. The restoration shop of Ernie Schwarts performed a renovation of the body, upholstery, and paint. All of these fine people are to be thanked for their assistance in the project.