The Zimmerman Company was one of the few auto buggy builders to realize the fate to which high- wheeler was headed. They felt that in order to survive, they needed to offer automobiles with pneumatic tires. In 1910, they introduced a line of four-cylinder cars that were built for them by the Auburn Automobile Company. A Zimmerman Six was added in 1913, as well as subsidiary company which built the deSoto automobile. Unfortunately, none of these measures could save the company. After the deaths of Elias and Franklin Zimmerman, John Zimmerman continued the company until 1915. This runabout has standard size pneumatic tires, but retains the engine and chassis layout that was common to its highwheel predecessors.