This very original Zimmerman runabout was first owned by John Zimmerman, who became company president and later was purchasing agent for the Auburn Automobile Company. It is an experimental car and is the only known Zimmerman that was produced with shaft drive. The second owner of the car was the grandmother of the first owner. Mrs. R. Crofford of Burr Oak, Michigan, was a doctor who used the Zimmerman for her house calls. Because it was a used car, she was able to negotiate a $190 discount on the purchase price. The car has been maintained in original condition by the family since it was purchased May 25, 1910.