This Premier features a beautiful aluminum body with no external door hinges or handles. This is a very sleek design for 1916 when most automobile bodies were boxy. Premier Motor Corporation of Indianapolis began building cars in 1902, and from the beginning offered very up-to-date vehicles. The Premier’s engine, beginning in 1916, was a one-piece aluminum casting with aluminum crankcase and pistons. This one-piece block was new to the market with the Haynes being the other manufacturer using this design. The Premier also utilized a Cutler-Hammer magnetic push button gear shift mechanism. Use of lightweight material, advanced engineering and beautiful design add up to one of Indiana’s Grand Makes.