The model 6-39 was a new introduction for the 1917 model year. Auburn turned to the Teetor-Hartley Motor Company for its six-cylinder engine for this new model. The 6-39 Auburn featured a new chassis with a tapered frame, which allowed the springs to be underslung. This configuration gave the car a lower look than its predecessors. With plenty of room for five passengers, this touring car was quite suitable for family use. Auburn sales declined as prices rose due to an increase in material costs. The total of 1917 production was 2,307 vehicles. This total represented a decline of more than 300 cars compared to 1916. This was the first Auburn to be donated to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum. Technical: The model 6-39 Auburn featured a six-cylinder, L-head engine. With a displacement of 230.1 cubic-inches, this power plant produces 39 horsepower. The wheelbase of this vehicle is 120 inches and the car weighs 2,900 pounds. The price of this Auburn when new was $1,345.