The Lincoln Model L Brunn Brougham Town Car has an interesting and well-documented history. The body was built by the Brunn & Co. of Buffalo, New York, that built 58 examples of this Lincoln. Ordered new by Joseph Madden of Omaha, Nebraska, this vehicle was an anniversary gift for his wife. The Madden family owned a successful dry goods store that they sold to J. C. Penney. Each year the car was shipped to Florida for their use during the winter and shipped back to Omaha in the spring. They sold the car in 1940 with 8,000 miles on it. When gas rationing began during World War II, the vehicle was put into storage until 1954. The vehicle passed through several other hands until the donor, George Makris purchased the car in 1972. In the intervening years the vehicle underwent a complete restoration. It currently has 12,000 original miles on it.