The Cord 810 was revolutionary in automotive styling. From its hidden headlamps to its blended trunk with flush tail lamps, the Cord was styled to be a single, uniform object with a startling lack of ornamentation. Its unconventional grille design was a shock to those who mobbed the Auburn Automobile Company's (AAC) exhibit at the major auto shows of 1935. It was reported that the eager public stood on the running boards of Auburn's competitors to catch a glimpse of the new Cord. The press was as overwhelmed as the public by the Cord's striking appearance. The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times and even the British publication Motor featured pictures and headlines praising the car's progressiveness. This Cord was donated by its third owner, who purchased it in the late 1950s. Until its donation, it had spent its entire existence in Evansville, Indiana. Technical: This Cord 810 Westchester is powered by a 288.6 cubic-inch V-8 engine, with an advertised 125 horsepower (hp) rating. In reality, according to factory dynamometer testing, it produced 117 hp. It features the Cord hallmark front-wheel drive system with a four-speed transmission. It was $1,995 when new, a hefty sum when compared with its contemporaries of similar size.